Cambridge Nationals Sports Science
Examination Board: OCR
It is assessed across 3 parts:
- Non examined assessment - R181: Applying the principles of training: fitness and how it affects skill performance (80 marks) (40% of overall grade)
- Non examined assessment - R183: Nutrition and sports performance (40 marks) (20% of overall grade)
- Exam - R180: Reducing the risk of sports injuries and dealing with common medical conditions (80 marks) (40% of overall grade)
Please note that the deadline for mark submission for R181 is June of their first year of study and R183 is January of their second year of study, so all moderation must be completed prior to this. After this time your child cannot positively impact their grade in these areas.
Your child will not be assessed in their practical ability in sport.
Grading System (out of 200 marks)
- Pass at L1 – 60 (GCSE Grade 1)
- Merit at L1 – 80 (GCSE Grade 2)
- Distinction at L1 – 100 (GCSE Grade 3)
- Pass at L2 – 120 (GCSE Grade 4)
- Merit at L2 – 140 (GCSE Grade 5/6)
- Distinction at L2 – 160 (GCSE Grade 7)
- Distinction* at L2 – 180 (GCSE Grade 8/9)
Specification specific revision pages: https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/610952-specification-cambridge-nationals-sport-science-j828.pdf
The Everleaner: https://theeverlearner.com/
This is a one stop shop for Revision. The department funds the students access to this resource. It contains video content on every subtopic, followed by low stakes quizzing and practice test modes. Students get unlimited access to 1000’s of practice questions, with immediate feedback. We have access to their completion and success data, allowing us to look for areas of improvement in their knowledge.