As parents/carers, you play a pivotal role in supporting your child's academic journey.
In doing the following things, you will support a positive and learning environment at home and give your child the best chance of success:
- Provide a quiet and organised space for our child to study, free from distractions
- Help your children to follow a revision timetable and offer guidance on how this can be achieved in balance with home based commitments
- Give your child the chance to revise uninterrupted and ensure devices (mobile, laptop, games console) are put away when your child is revising and the device is not required
- Actively engage with your child's learning, showing interest in their subjects and offering assistance when necessary.
- Engage with communications from school around revision
- Encourage, and support, your child to attend revision and booster sessions to address gaps in knowledge
- Support your child to achieve a healthy balance between study and recreation to promote overall well-being
- Understand the importance of a good night's sleep and support healthy sleep habits for your child.
- Understand the importance of diet and support healthy eating and good hydration for your child